Afoxolaner chewables: The next generation tick and flea protection. NexGard is the first and only soft, beef- flavored chew that kills both fleas and ticks. Combining a revolutionary active ingredient with an innovative form. NexGard kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment and prevention of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis), and the treatment and control of Black-legged tick (Ixodes scapularis), American Dog tick (Dermacentor variabilis), Lone Star tick (Amblyomma americanum), and Brown dog tick (Rhipicephalus sanguineus) infestations in dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age and older, weighing 4 pounds of body weight or greater, for one month.
NexGard is an FDA approved that:
- kills new and existing fleas fast
- Prevents flea infestations
- Comes in a soft, beef flavored chewable
- Last for a full month
- Approved for puppies 8 weeks and older and at least 4 pounds.
- Kills adult fleas before they can lay eggs, reducing environmental flea biomass (eggs, larvae, and pupae).
- Helps prevent reinfestation with new fleas.
- With new infestations, the majority of adult fleas are killed within 12 hours
After oral administration of NexGard to dogs afoxolaner:
- is rapidly absorbed into a blood stream, reaching peak plasma levels in 2 to 4 hours.
- binds predominantly to plasma proteins while unbound afoxolaner is distributed throughout tissues.
- is slowly eliminated from the body through metabolism and biliary excretion.
- Has a terminal half-life of approximately 15 days.
Each NexGard chew is formulated to provide a minimum afoxolaner dosage of 2.5 mg/kg (1.14 mg/lb). Each chew contains 2.27% w/w of afoxolaner.
For medium dogs (4-10 kg) each chew contains 28 mg
top of page
S$64.20 Regular Price